Veterans: You deserve a life free from homelessness
If you are veteran of the UK armed forces and are homeless or at risk of homelessness, Amicus Trust is here to support you.
The MOD Veterans Policy Unit estimates 1 in 10 homeless people are veterans, and 4% of the 23,000 annual leavers have been identified as having complex needs including a risk of homelessness, so if you have found yourself homeless then you are not alone. In May 2014, Amicus Trust launched a veteran supported housing project to recognise the contributions made by veterans and offer the support you deserve. After initial consultations with veterans already housed in our other supported accommodation, it became clear that the pride in the armed forces, shared experiences and common bond meant an exclusively veteran property would create the best environment for veterans to thrive.
Our accommodation for veterans is currently based in Bedfordshire and Corby, however, we invite applications from veterans anywhere within the UK.
As a veteran client of Amicus Trust you will be supported with;
- Your own room for up to 12 months in an exclusively veteran residential house.
- Creation of a Continuous Development Programme (CDP) focused on getting you ready for independent living.
- Access to education and employment services via our ‘Stepping Stones project’ to give you support in achieving qualifications or job goals.
- Participation in clubs and activities with other Amicus Trust residents.
- ‘Step Down’ Mental Health programme support if required.
- Opportunities to volunteer with organisations/charities so you can develop new skills and help others.
- Life skills development courses and the chance to gain accredited modules
- Key worker support from your Veteran Support Officer
To be eligible you will need to;
- A valid Service Number
- Be aged between 16 – 65 years old
- Be homeless or at risk of homelessness
Find out more Email: email@example.com or Phone: 01234 358478
Places are subject to availability and a short interview.