Latest News from Amicus Trust

New Bucks Rural Veteran Accommodation - spaces available

Amicus Trust are excited to announce the launch of their latest veteran accommodation project, the Cublington project. Read More >>

Proud Partners of Veterans Gateway

Amicus Trust are proud to be part of the Veterans Gateway, the first stop for Veterans in need Read More >>

Christmas Staff Raffle

This years Christmas raffle was a great success thanks to the local business who donated raffle prizes Read More >>

**Homelessness hidden causes

Exploring the impact of mental health on homelessnesss**

Research from a 2017 project supported by The Harpur Trust and led by Amicus Trust, has outlined the strong link between poor mental health and homelessness in Bedford. Of the homeless adults accessing support from project 75% reported poor mental health, with 64% of these suffering with diagnosed mental health conditions, the remaining 36% either required diagnosis or support in understanding and managing their mental health. Read More >>

**A veterans story

Overcoming homelessness thanks to The Royal British Legion and Amicus Trust.**

Former Army chef, Phil, 56, found himself homeless in September 2017 after being evicted from his last home as a result of his struggle to live with his anxiety and PTSD. Unable to answer the door, go out or speak to anyone, the calls and letters from his utility suppliers and landlord remained unanswered, leading to his eventual eviction. Read More >>

The Royal British Legion and Amicus Trust support homeless veterans [Jan 2017]

Amicus Trust and The Royal British Legion provide much needed accommodaton and support to homeless veterans With a significant number of the homeless community coming from an armed forces background, Amicus Trust is continuing to grow its  much needed project dedicated to the needs of our homeless heroes.Read More >>

Harpur Trust Support Bedford Mental Health Project [Jan 2017]

Amicus Trust, with thanks to support from The Harpur Trust, will contine to run it’s successful mental health project  which addresses the high level of poor mental health amoungst homeless people by providing counselling and mental health workshops. Read More >>

Panacea Trust supports Bedford Homeless community [Oct 2016]

The Panacea Trust have provided funding to Amicus Trust to aim to reduce homelessness in the area through the delivery of mental health support. The Panacea Trust, which has a fascinating history … Read More >>

Amicus Trust makes the final for Sainsbury’s Charity of the Year [June 2015]

We have been successful in getting to the final to become Sainsbury’s (Biggleswade) Charity of the Year. Help us to win by voting for us at Sainsburys online or in store. Thank you for your support.

Mayor of Bedford and Mayor of Sandy help Amicus Trust Celebrate 40 years! [Nov 2014]

On the 24th of November Amicus Trust held a small event to celebrate 40 years of supporting single homeless people in Bedfordshire Read More >>

Bedfordshire Housing Link becomes Amicus Trust

In 2014 we celebrate 40 years of supporting single homeless people and have undergone an exciting new re-brand, changing from Bedfordshire Housing Link to Amicus Trust, and with thanks to the Royal British Legion, we are getting ready to launch a new project supporting homeless veterans in the heart of Bedford. READ MORE >>

Heroes House News

Heroes House was shortlisted as finalist on ITV’s People’s Millions – . READ MORE >>

Welcome to the Amicus Trust News Zone

This page will keep you up to date with the latest news from Amicus Trust - please feel free to let us know if you would like anymore information on any of our news stories.

For the public and friends of Amicus Trust

Check this page to find out the latest news from Amicus Trust and any up and coming events.

For media professionals

At Amicus Trust we understand how key the media are in keeping issues like homelessness at the forefront of the public’mind and aim to support media professions as much as we can.

If you are a media professional and would like support with a news story or article, we are able to offer help in the following ways;

  1. Provide our latest Press Releases
  2. Interviews with charity staff members
  3. Interviews with industry experts

Please contact us if you need any other support or photographs.