Veterans: You deserve a life free from homelessness
If you are veteran of the UK armed forces and are homeless or at risk of homelessness, Amicus Trust is here to support you.
In May 2014, Amicus Trust launched a veteran supported housing project housing 3 homeless veterans in Bedford – since then Amicus has opened a further 11 houses in Bedford, Corby, Wellingborough, Northampton, Leicester, Aylesbury, Flitwick and Leighton Buzzard and now has over 50 rooms dedicated to veterans.
The houses provide a homely environment with individual bedrooms and communal bathrooms and living areas, bringing together veterans has given individuals a chance to share experiences and common bonds as they start to overcome issues and re-build their life. Veterans who do not wish to be housed with other veterans can still access accommodation on one of our other projects.
As a veteran client of Amicus Trust you will be supported with;
- Your own room for up to 2 years in a shared house in residential street.
- Creation of a Personal Development Plan focused on getting you ready for independent living.
- Access to education and employment support in achieving qualifications or job goals.
- Participation in clubs and activities with other Amicus Trust residents.
- Mental Health support if required.
- Opportunities to volunteer with organisations/charities so you can develop new skills and help others.
- Life skills development
- Key work support from your Veteran Support Worker
To be eligible you will need to;
- Have a valid Service Number
- Be aged between 16 - 65 years old
- Be homeless or at risk of homelessness
Find out more Email: email@example.com or Phone: 01234 358478
Places are subject to availability and a short interview.