Mission & Vision
The Amicus Trust Mission and Vision
Mission Ensuring everyone has a life free from homelessness and a place in their community.
- To enable each client to achieve their outcomes through high quality support planning
- To demonstrate best practice in the way that we work
- To be creative and innovative
- To respect individual rights and needs - and promote choices
- To work with local and national partners to increase resources and opportunities
- To recognise and develop the skills and contributions of our staff and volunteers
To achieve this, we will:
- Be open and honest
- Demonstrate respect and professionalism
- Work in partnership with other agencies and providers
- Take responsibility for what we do.
We are committed to a client centred approach to supporting individuals as they move from homelessness to a sustainable independent life as part of the community. We start by working with each individual to create a Personal Development Plan (PDP) tailored to their own unique needs and provide access to the following proven support services;
- Supported accommodation in a community house for up to a year (veterans) 2 years (non-veterans)
- Key Work focused on the Personal Development Plan and overcoming barriers to independent living.
- Education and employment support to encourage educational or vocational progression.
- Participation in clubs and activities within the wider Amicus community to overcome social isolation.
- Mental Health support (where required)
- Volunteering placements within organisations/charities to develop new skills and mix with the wider community.
- Life skills development and accredited modules
- Re-settlement grant and support to increase the success of sustainable living.
Investors in People
Staffs are seen as the most important resource within Amicus Trust. To reflect this Amicus Trust is committed to staff training and development, and promotes staff/client involvement in all major strategic discussions. We recruit & promote on merit alone.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
In the provision of accommodation, advice and support to clients, and the employment of staff, Amicus Trust seeks to ensure Diversity and Equality of Opportunities, treatment and fair access to all services for all people. We will apply our Diversity and Equality of Opportunities policy to all we do, both in our treatment of clients and in the way we recruit and manage staff.